Sunday, March 29, 2015

Automagic light!

You know you're an adult when you get excited about things like pantry lights. 

Richard is amazing and decided last week to install a much-needed light in our pantry. AND he rigged it up to turn on automatically when you open the door. Like a fridge. Cool, right? 

Now I can see how badly I need to organize in there! 
He set to work notching a hole in the door frame for the switch. 








He also ran wiring through wall in order to wire the light. I'm a little fuzzy on the technical details (as in, I don't know anything about them), so maybe I'll get Richard to guest blog and explain everything that he did. He said, "Oh, it's so easy" when I asked him about it. 

That little switch makes the light magically turn on when you open the door! 





Before...



... and after! (Yeah, a day of organizing is definitely in order.)

No comments:

Post a Comment