Thursday, June 11, 2015

Maternity Photos

So, I know I've posted a bunch of my baby bump pictures over the weeks and months (I'm getting better at those mirror selfies!), but here are some real-deal maternity photos!



I never thought I would be one to get maternity pictures taken because I don't normally gravitate towards being in front of the camera (i.e. I'm pretty awkward with a lens pointed at me), BUT I did think I would probably want some newborn photos taken after Barrett is born. 










My friend Cecelia recommended her niece, Alex Tenser, to me as a great photographer. Alex does a package deal of maternity photos and a newborn session, so I thought I'd go for it. I thought it would give us a nice chance to get some professional photos of our growing family -- Richard, Lola, me, and this ever-growing baby bump!











Well, let me tell you, Alex works some magic! 

The day that we got photos was SUPER hot -- like 90+ degrees and what felt like 100% humidity. Seriously, I got out of the car and bangs were instantly stuck to my forehead -- perfect for photos, really. 










So, I was afraid that I would look profoundly sweaty and also that my discomfort from being anxious about looking sweaty would show. 

Nope. None of that. She did such a great job, and I really love how the pictures turned out. I feel like we look like ourselves, and we don't even look sweat-head or uncomfortable at all! Plus, she got some great shots with Lola looking at the camera. That sweet pup. 













No comments:

Post a Comment